About.me suffered from a Cross Site Scripting flaw I found a few days ago. The interesting thing about this flaw is that it was cookie based. The following post details how I found it and what I did to confirm that it was exploitable, it also discusses some interesting points to consider when you find a XSS triggered by Cookie Values.
Wednesday, 16 October 2013
Saturday, 12 October 2013
A method presented at DerbyCon and BlackHat involves extracting not the bits of the character but the bits of a characters position in a look up table which contains a number of character ascii values---more on this later. This post discusses the conceptual advantages and fundamental drawbacks of the bin2pos method and introduces a new variant I've developed which provides better stability and only requires a maximum of 4 requests per character extraction but imposes some configurational requirements to the target web server.
Wednesday, 9 October 2013
I've spent some time trawling through masses of Android App Sauce lately and I thought I'd share some quick tips and tricks that can help you uncover some critical vulnerabilities. In this post I'll discuss some basic bash scripting that pin points code being either in Java or Jasmin/Smali form.
A quick disclaimer,
the screenshots below are from actual apps sourced from the play store, I've used real examples here to motivate the need to look for the mentioned vulnerabilities and detail how easy they are to find. Although I've made sure to santize them for any useable or exploitable information seeing that some of these apps have been downloaded hundreds of the thousands of times.